Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Tel: 0141 355 2402
Fax: 0141 578 8267
Email: Sports Development
WHAT IS ACTIVE CHOICES
- 6 week programme in primary schools aimed at P5/P6
- All about Healthy Eating and being Active.
- The aim is to increase understanding of healthy eating and why
being physically active is important.
- Pupils will learn how to make healthy choices around food and
- Each lesson is linked to Curriculum for Excellence and
Well-Being Experiences and Outcomes
- Classes take place 1 hour per week, delivered by coaches from
EDLC, supported by the class teacher.
- Lessons are practical and include physical activity
- Pupils will be introduced to the Eatwell Guide and learn
about the balance between energy in and energy out
- Lessons at the start and end take measurements such
as height and encourage children to document their hand size
and foot size to highlight that everyone is
If your child has enjoyed the Active Choices sessions and you
feel that your family could benefit from additional information and
support, please visit our ACES page.
If your child has not experienced the programme and you feel
they would benefit from it, please contact us and we will liaise
with their school.
For more information call on 0141 355 2402 / 0141 578 8437