Although EDLC Libraries and Heritage & Arts venues are currently closed and our classes are postponed, there are still lots of resources you can enjoy online.
Take a look at what's included for library members:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks available to download at home.
- Virtual meetings for our Reading Groups (whose meetings were obviously an important opportunity for social interaction).
- eComics, eMagazines and eNewspapers available online, with simple step-by-step guides etc.
- Online guidance on how to use Skype and other tools that you may want to use to connect whilst the stay-at-home guidance is in place.
- Virtual Bookbug sessions, which may help make carers with babies feel less isolated.
- Information resources for children, young people and adults including Britannica, Issues Online, Oxford Dictionaries and Ancestry.
- Automatic extensions of loan periods, so no need to renew your books online. Fines will also not apply while our libraries are closed.
And that's not all we have for you. Everyone can access our collections from home:
- Get Creative - join our Arts mailing list for creative activities and challenges.
- Discover our collections - use our online catalogue to search our archives, museum and art gallery collections.
- Raid our Archives - download our archives research guides for hints and tips, or contact us for help and advice.
- Visit our online local history exhibitions or read up on the local history or your town of village.
- If you fancy a winter walk access 11 local heritage walks and down-loadable maps from across our towns and villages, discover local stories and art on the trails. If you find any art works please upload your photos to Instagram and tag #edlc_heritage.arts, yes! You can now follow Heritage & Arts on Instagram!
- Take a virtual tour of the Auld Kirk Museum and the Lillie Art Gallery
- View over 600 of our oil paintings on https://artuk.org/discover/artworks/view_as/grid/search/collections:east-dunbartonshire-council
- Access some of the works within our civic collection by viewing the attachment in our documents section above
Remember you can keep in touch with our specialist staff by email during this period. Drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org