Open up a world of opportunity by joining your local library.
Just bring official proof of your identity giving your name and home address such as a household bill or a driving licence. You can borrow items straight away.
You can use your library card in any library in East Dunbartonshire. Your library membership card also allows you to use a wide selection of free online information services and free downloadable audiobooks, eBooks and digital magazines which can be accessed remotely from your home computer, tablet or smartphone.
Children and young people under 16 must have their membership cards counter-signed by a parent or guardian.
We are now able to offer readers the choice of receiving request and overdue notices by email. We also send out pre-overdue alerts by email to remind you to renew your books before they become overdue. If you would like to benefit from these new services please provide us with your email address when you join the library.
What can I borrow?
Adult library members can borrow up to:
- 10 Books ( including audiobooks and language courses)
- 6 Compact Discs
- 4 DVDs
Borrowers must be aged 16 or over to hire DVDs and CDs.
How long can I keep them?
- Books / CDs - up to 3 weeks
- DVDs - weekly hire
- DVD boxed sets - 3 weekly hire
Can I keep them longer?
Items may be renewed in person, online or by telephone. Unless requested by another reader. Dvd and CD renewals will require an additional hire charge. Fines are charged if items are not returned on time.
Concessionary rates for requests and fines exemptions are available if you receive any of the following benefits. Bring along some proof of eligibility and staff can update your record.
- Job Seekers Allowance / Universal Credit
- Employment Support Allowance / Universal Credit
- Income Support / Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit / Universal Credit
- Council Tax Rebate / Reduction
- Working Tax Credit / Universal Credit
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Disability Living / Attendance Allowance/Personal Independence Payment
- Long-Term Incapacity Benefit
- War Disablement Pension
- Widows / Widowed Parent / Bereavement Allowance
Children and young people under 16 do not pay overdue charges.