The Club Improvement section is designed to get clubs thinking about their club, where it performs well, and where there are opportunities to improve.
- sportscotland club first development tool will support clubs of all sizes to establish where they are performing well and where they can develop. It will help your club to identify and priorities areas for improvement and provide helpful information and support which is tailored to your answers.
- We have also added to this page a funding section allowing clubs to seek funding to improve your club in a number of ways.
- We are also keen for clubs to improve their club by retaining and recognising coaches and volunteers. The club coach and volunteer awards are in partnership with sportscotland with our local winners nominated to sportscotland national awards.
A variety of local and national funding streams are available to clubs for a range of purposes.
Funding and finance is an issue that faces every club, no matter how big or small. Financial aid is available to help put coaches through courses, training volunteer, purchasing equipment or developing other important areas of the club as necessary.
Please get in contact if our Club and Volunteer officer can support you with funding.
Club Coach and Volunteer Awards
EDLC Club, coach and volunteer annual awards in partnership with sportscotland are designed to highlight the great work that is undertaken by clubs, coaches and volunteers within the East Dunbartonshire area.
The awards have been running for over 6 years and offer exceptional clubs, coaches and volunteers the opportunity to be recognised for the excellent work they do.
The Awards are free to enter, and clubs can make multiple applications in different categories. All shortlisted applications will be verified with the governing bodies.
The following categories are available to nominate:
- Volunteer Award
- Young Persons Coach of the Year
- Performance Coach of the Year
- Community Coach of the Year
- Young Coach of the Year
- Club of the year
- Contribution to Sport
- Development Coach of the Year
- Active Schools Captain of the Year
- Active Schools Volunteer of the Year
- Disability coach of the year
Nominations for the 2018 Club, Coach and Volunteer Awards will be opened in May 2018.
Guidance for nominations
Please read the below guidance carefully before submitting your nomination:
1. The judges have a difficult task in deciding who wins each category, so please make sure that you fill in the nomination forms as fully as possible.
2. Nominations will only be accepted online using the electronic forms provided. If you have any problems completing the form, please contact the event organisers on 0141 578 8459.
3. All nominees must coach or volunteer within the East Dunbartonshire area. Clubs, groups and schools must also be located with the East Dunbartonshire area.
4. Please ensure that as the nominator, you include your own information at the end of the form so that we can contact you.
5. As part of your submission, please send in a photograph or video of the club/coach /school/individual you are nominating. For 2018 we would like to create a Roll of Honour!