Would you like to gain experience in coaching or even further your coaching qualifications? If so there are a number of courses available for you!
The Club and Volunteer Development Officer works with the various governing bodies of Sport and Sports Coach UK to organise and run sports coach education courses. There are a huge variety of courses to choose from, whether you are an existing coach or starting as a beginner, there are introductory courses, as well as professional development courses.
Why attend a coach education course?
- To support, coaches, teachers, leaders, volunteers, students and parents. Opportunities for training and lifelong learning by providing pathways to develop their skills.
- To promoting coaching and coach development opportunities through a range of initiatives to raise the profile of coaching.
- To development of new coaches and sports leaders by enhancing links with schools and local sports clubs.
- To actively recruiting potential coaches, volunteers and officials into sport.
- To raise the profile of volunteering in sport with East Dunbartonshire.
How to book
For the 2022 coach education courses and workshops East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Cultural Trust will be using our new booking site, Leisure Hub. This service allows users to browse, book and pay for local workshops and courses.
To book onto one of our courses please follow the steps below:
- If you use Leisure Hub for your gym membership then follow the “I’m a member” link and log onto your account - Log in - Leisure Hub (edlc.co.uk)
- If you do not have an account please follow the link under “I’m new… and would like to sign up” and create a new account - Create an account - Leisure Hub (edlc.co.uk)
- You will need an email address to register along with some other contact information
- Once signed in you can filter by site and then search for Coach Education.
- Once you have found the course you would like to attend then please add it to your basket and follow the steps to complete the booking and pay via WorldPay.
*Please note no bookings can be completed unless full payment is received.