Do you currently participate in physical activity?
The UK guidelines encourage adults to take part in regular physical activity of at least 150 minutes per week. This can be spread across the week, 5 x 30 is one example of how this can be achieved.
If you do not currently achieve these physical activity recommendations and would benefit by becoming more physically active then the Live Active may suit you.
The scheme may be appropriate for you if you:
- Are not currently regularly physically active but you are thinking about becoming more active.
- Are participating in some physical activity but would like to do more and feel additional advice and support would help.
- Have been advised to become more active, e.g. by your GP or Practice nurse, but you don’t really know where to start.
How can I access the Live Active Referral Scheme?
- If you are interested in the Live Active Referral Scheme, contact your GP, Practice Nurse or Physiotherapist.
- If the scheme is appropriate for you, they will complete a referral form, allowing you to attend an exercise consultation in your local area.
How will Live Active scheme help me become more active?
Once referred, you will be invited to attend an exercise consultation at your local leisure centre with a Live Active Advisor.
You will enroll onto the scheme for 12 months where you will:
- Receive advice, support and encouragement from a Live Active Advisor to help you become and stay regularly physically active.
- Have an opportunity to meet new people and try a variety of activities (exercise classes, gym sessions, swimming, walking and home based exercise) at your own pace.
Additional support is also provided via:
- Follow up consultations at the six and twelve month stage.
- Follow up phone calls and prompt letters.
- Drop in sessions.
- Supervised gym sessions.
- Live Active Advisor led health walks.
If you would like to know more about the Live Active Exercise Referral Scheme or you feel you would like to be referred onto the scheme please contact a Live Active Advisor at:
|Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Tel: 0141 578 8457
|Allander Leisure Centre
Tel : 0141 578 8457