Improving Sporting Performance
The Athlete Performance Programme (APP) Explained
- The APP supports youth athletes who have demonstrated potential for becoming high-performance athletes in the future. The athletes receive four hours of strength and conditioning training per week before school in two venues within the East Dunbartonshire area.
- The programme adopts a holistic approach to training centred on the concept of long-term athletic development and the welfare of the young Athlete.
- A programme of educational workshops is also provided for athletes, sport specific coaches and parents.
How do I become part of the Athlete Performance Programme?
Applicants applying for the Elite Athlete Performance Programme must meet the following criteria / and have a fully complete application including reports.
- Competing at regional/national level all sports (this must be retained during the duration of the support
- Attend school or live within East Dunbartonshire
- Aged between 11 – 18 years
- Commit two mornings a week for training sessions pre-school 7am – 8:30am
- Attend any events supporting the programme.
There are three parts to selection:
- Complete the application form demonstrating that you meet the required criteria (applications close on the 31 May 2017)
- Preliminary selection: TBC
- Final selection: TBC (review panel only)
Entry to the Elite programme is by participation sessions and interview. Sessions and interviews will be to determinate baseline physical, technical and mental attributes to undertake training provided by the Elite Athlete Performance Programme.
For more information please contact