Improving Sporting Performance
The Athlete Performance Programme (APP) Explained
- The APP supports, club, regional and national level youth athletes to helps improve their sporting performance through appropriately structured and safe strength and conditioning training sessions. These athletes will receive 3-4hours of training each week from one of two venues in East Dunbartonshire: Allander Leisure Centre or Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre.
- The programme adopts a holistic approach to training centred on the concept of long-term athletic development and the welfare of the young Athlete.
- A programme of educational workshops will run alongside the Athlete Performance Programme to help support athletes and their families.
How do I become part of the Athlete Performance Programme?
Applicants applying for the Athlete Performance Programme must meet the following criteria / and complete the online application form including mandate.
- Attend school or live within East Dunbartonshire
- Aged between 12 – 18 years (and must be attending high school)
- Commit to two mornings per week for training sessions that are before school: 7-8.30am
Monday / Wednesday morning at Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Tuesday / Thursday mornings at the Allander Leisure Centre
- Attend any events supporting the programme.
Entry to the programme is determinate by panel assessment.
Each Athlete will receive an individual Long Term Development Plan which will enable us to enhance the opportunity to peak in condition for competitions.
The Athlete Performance Programme will provide around 4 hours of Strength and Conditioning support per week. This will be for competing Athletes and the coaching will be delivered by Qualified coaches. The sessions will cost £29.75 per month and the programme runs 40 weeks across school term. (Payment is equated across 52 weeks).This will also allow for access to facilities to our 3 Leisure Facilities. If you would like to look at this in more detail please see the below link.
For more information please contact
Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Tel: 0141 578 8222
Fax: 0141 578 8267