Improving Sporting Performance
The Athlete Performance Programme (APP) Explained
- The APP supports youth athletes who have demonstrated potential for becoming high-performance athletes in the future. The athletes receive four hours of strength and conditioning training per week before school in two venues within the East Dunbartonshire area.
- The programme adopts a holistic approach to training centred on the concept of long-term athletic development and the welfare of the young Athlete.
- A programme of educational workshops is also provided for athletes, sport specific coaches and parents.
How do I become part of the Athlete Performance Programme?
Applicants applying for the Athlete Performance Programme must meet the following criteria / and complete the online application form including mandate.
- Attend school or live within East Dunbartonshire
- Aged between 11 – 18 years
- Commit two mornings a week for training sessions pre-school 7am – 8:30am
- Attend any events supporting the programme.
Entry to the programme is determinate by panel assessment.
Each Athlete will receive an individual Long Term Development Plan which will enable us to enhance the opportunity to peak in condition for competitions. We will assess, plan, action and review each Athlete using nationally recognised software.
The Athlete Performance Programme will provide around 4 hours of Strength and Conditioning support per week. This will be for competing Athletes and the coaching will be delivered by Qualified coaches. The sessions will cost £28:90 per month and there are available funding streams. (link below). This will also allow for access to facilities to our 3 Leisure Facilities. If you would like to look at this in more detail please see the below link.
A world leading coaching software with athlete monitoring, a conditioning section and periodization planner, you have the ultimate coaching tool.
The perfect fit for Education, Coaching and Government Organizations.
For more information please contact
Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Tel: 0141 578 8222
Fax: 0141 578 8267