Next Courses: 1 to 5 April 2019
Approved Training Centres
Allander, Kirkintilloch and Leisuredrome Leisure Centres are Approved Training Centres to train and assess the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
Interested in becoming a Lifeguard?
The award includes a range of water rescue skills and knowledge related to lifeguarding in a swimming pool. The course covers current resuscitation protocol and basic first aid, communication and teamwork, understanding of pool operating procedures and hazards.
Candidates must be 16 years of age prior to course commencement, and be able to;
- Jump/Dive into deep water
- Swim 50m in 60 seconds
- Swim 100m continuously on front and back
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without the use of steps/ladders
- Ability to engage in assisted lifting and landing of casualties
Candidates must provide:
- Shorts and T-shirt for use in the water and pool shoes
- Notebook and writing implement
All other materials will be provided.
Please note: Closing date for courses is 5 days prior to start of course (applications will be received on a ‘first come – first served’ basis)
Currently our NPLQ Courses cost £250 which includes all course material, tuition and examination fees.
Courses are held during the following school holidays:
Courses run from Monday to Saturday between the hours of 9am and 5pm each day.
How to Apply
Contact the Centre you wish to attend and we will give you the information you require.
Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Email: Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Allander Leisure Centre
Email: Allander Leisure Centre