Allander Leisure Centre: Hydrotherapy Pool
About our hydrotherapy pool
- Hydrotherapy pool within Allander Leisure Centre is situated off the main changing village.
- The pool itself is 7m x 5m, 1.0m deep and is heated to approximately 34 degrees Celsius.
- Situated close to the pool is the changing places toilet with adjustable changing bed, shower, sink and hair drying facilities and a separate toilet area.
- Bathers can entry/exit the pool using the steps or overhead hoist which runs directly from the changing places toilet.
- Access to the pool from the car park is fully wheel chair friendly.
Benefits of hydrotherapy
- Improving and maintaining the range of joint movement
- Helping muscles to relax
- Helping to relieve pain
- Reducing pressure of weight bearing joints while exercising
- Facilitating rehabilitation
Who can benefit from hydrotherapy?
- Many people with conditions such as arthritis, muscular dystrophy, MS, cerebral palsy, autism as well as people recovering from a stroke, an accident or surgery.
- The heated pool can be used by people with physical or mental difficulties to exercise and improve their quality of life.
- Hydrotherapy can also be used to treat and speed recovery from sports and work related injuries.
Who can use the pool?
Adult user – Max 6, book online or reception if space available on the session, standard swim pricing
- Shared use of our new Hydrotherapy pool for adults. Customers who feel they would benefit from this may include those rehabilitating from injury, those looking to take pressure off joints or maintaining joint movements. For more information please call us 0141 777 3070.
Quiet Session – Session, max 3, book online or by phone
- A 45 min session in our hydrotherapy pool for customers with autism and their carers. For more information please call us 0141 777 3070.
Customers with Additional Support needs – max 3 (plus carers), book online or by phone, standard swim pricing
- This Is a Shared Session in Our Hydrotherapy Pool Specifically For Customers With Additional Support Needs And Their Carers. For more information please call us 0141 777 3070.
Warm Baby Sessions - Session, max 6 babies (plus adult), book online or by phone, standard swim pricing
- This is a shared session in our hydrotherapy pool specifically for babies accompanied by an adult on a one to one basis. This session should be relaxing opportunity for adult and baby to be introduced to the water. For more information please call us 0141 777 3070
Private Hire – Book by phone, £20.00 hire charge
- Our hydrotherapy pool is available for exclusive hire to customers who feel they would benefit from this pool. You will have exclusive use of the pool for a 45 min session with access to the overhead hoist if required. For more information please call us 0141 777 3070 or email Allander@eastdunbarton.gov.uk
How to use the pool
Private hire of the pool can be made online see Leisure Hub Activities for Pool Hire and the Timetable for individual sessions.
Block bookings maybe available once we understand the demand and priority will be given to those within EDC. We are often able to offer one-off slots where availability allows.
Each private booking is one hour (including change time) and costs £20.00. Payment is required in advance for bookings or blocks.
A lifeguard will be with the booking for the duration and costs for this are included.
If you would like to look around the facility please do not hesitate to contact the reception. We would be more than happy to show you around.
Good practice and house keeping guide
- Whilst we strive to keep the area clean and tidy for all users we ask our customers to follow these steps so everyone can continue to receive the benefits of the pool:
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the changing areas unless covered by the blue overshoes.
- Users in wheelchairs should transfer to the provided pool wheelchairs before entering the pool area. Let reception know and a member of staff will bring this to you.
- All users should shower before use.
- Only no-breakable water bottles are allowed within the area.
- Clients who have been unwell (vomiting or diarrhoea) within 48 hours should not use the pool.
- Any user with incontinence issues should wear appropriate swim wear.