1. Only amateur sportsmen and women who satisfy one or more of the following criteria will be considered eligible for a grant under the East Dunbartonshire Sports Award Scheme:
i) Achievement of national representative status
ii) Those who have gained national championships
iii) National Squad members who have not yet achieved full representative status
2. Any awards made will be based on the preceding year’s results therefore dates of Recent Results, International Honours and Championships Gained must be submitted.
3. Consideration will only be given to applicants residing permanently in East Dunbartonshire.
4. Applicants must be affiliated to East Dunbartonshire Sports Council either through their club or as an individual.
5. Applicants are requested to complete Section A and before returning the form have it authorised under section B by a representative from the Governing Body of Sport concerned or approved club coach.
6. The level of grant aid available is up to the following maximum sums:-
i) British Senior/Junior Internationalist or British Senior/Junior Champion - £200 per annum
ii) Scottish Senior/Junior Internationalist or Scottish Senior/Junior Champion - £200 per annum
iii) Qualification for Olympic Games - £200 per annum
7. East Dunbartonshire Sports Council reserves the right to consider each application on its merits and is under no obligation to grant aid applicants or specify reasons for refusal to do so.
8. Grant Aid will not be awarded to profit making organisations / individuals.
9. The conditions of the scheme may be varied from time to time.
10. SPORT - ED must be satisfied that the applicant has exhausted all other alternative sources (National Association, Scottish Sports Council) so that duplication of grant aid can be avoided.
11. Completed applications should be returned to:-
For Further Information:
The Secretary – East Dunbartonshire Sports Council
Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
Tel. No. 0141-578 8498
Fax. No. 0141-578 8267